I’m joined today by John Farren.
John is a workplace and employment lawyer and the co-founder of Farren McRae Workplace Lawyers and Consultants.
John has extensive experience in all aspects of workplace and employment law. He has represented employers and employees before Workplace and Industrial, Administrative and Statutory Tribunals and Courts at both State and Federal levels, and is a skilled workplace investigator for complex workplace relations matters.
With a special interest in dispute resolution, John is also an experienced workplace mediator. His mediation approach assists the parties to identify the root causes of their conflict and agree on how to positively move their working relationships forward.
Before co-founding Farren McRae, John practised as a Barrister-at-Law at the Queensland Private Bar for over six years. He chose to move to practising as a solicitor as he believed he could more effectively help individual employers and employees resolve complex workplace disputes and issues as a solicitor in his own firm.
The employee relations’ areas can be quite a contentious one but John’s approach is very pragmatic and well rounded. He shares some awesome tips in this podcast, not only on employee and employment law matters but pushing against the culture of busy.
We chat about:
- How a professional trumpet player transitioned into the law industry
- Why Farren McRae advises and acts for both employees and employers rather than one or the other and how often this enables better outcomes
- Tips for leaders who might feel out of their depth when addressing people issues
- Tips for avoiding employee disputes or claims
- How John is pushing against the culture of busy
This was an awesome chat and something that leaders and business owners will get superb value from.