How do you differentiate yourself &/or your business?
Service? Product? Expertise? Pricing?
Are these really different to your competitors? To all the similar, if not same kinds of business found at the click of a finger on the web?
With over 2 million pieces of information coming at us at any given time and being over stimulated with information at any given moment 24/7, how do you stand out and connect with the people you most want? How do you get heard above all the white noise?
You need to be relevant to your market place.
And to be relevant you need to know your clients.
And to know your clients is to know their problems.
And that’s where you start.
If you are truly going to differentiate yourself, you can’t promise what is expected. And that is great service (is there such a thing anymore?), a life changing product and that your company or you are the best at delivering. Epic fail.
These are all expected!
When was the last time you asked your clients what they want, when they want it and what their problems are?
I have asked at least 50 people in the last week what they want from a business or a product. Here’s what they said:
- That it will save me TIME
- That it is CONVENIENT
- That it’s EASY (I don’t need anymore complication in my life)
- That it does what is PROMISED
- That a sales person will not bother me unless I NEED something and you are easy to reach when and if that time comes
- That it’s VALUE for money (not the cheapest)
- That it will LOOK great, ENHANCE what I already have
- No fuss, no questions asked REFUND if it’s not suitable for me.
If you communicate with these people using those terms, you have a sale. For sure. Why?
You are talking on an emotional level to people and solving the biggest problems that people have. Time and Money. Make it easy for people. Better still; make it easy for people to do business with you. But first you need to stand out